Pro Action employees are recognized by both customers and funders for their dedication and excellent service. They take pride in upholding the values of: professionalism, respect, obligation, achievement, confidentiality, trustworthiness, integrity, opportunity, and nurture. Co-workers are committed to continued learning and improvement, as well as person-centered service that upholds the dignity of everyone served by Pro Action's programs. At Pro Action partnerships are highly valued because they often lead to better results, so co-workers often team up with other programs or agencies to maximize the benefits gained by our customers.
Pro Action is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: No phone calls please. Candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Volunteer opportunities at Pro Action include:
* Tax Preparer: Prepare income taxes for low income individuals and families. You will be trained and qualified before tax season.
* Home Delivered Meals: transport home delivered meals to senior citizens.
* Yates County Office for the Aging: Respite volunteer, transportation assistant, Alzheimer's Group Facilitator, Office support and more
* Literacy Volunteers: Tutor for individuals or small groups, Advisory Board Member, Workshop Facililtator
* Read to Me Steuben: Read to children in Family Resource Centers and other group settings.
* Head Start: Assist teachers with activities, meal service and clean up.
* Bone Builders: lead exercise groups for senior citizens
For more information about these or other possible volunteer opportunities at Pro Action, please call (607) 776-2125 ext. 312 or dial 2-1-1 and ask about volunteer opportunities.